Tracking the blogosphere
This weekend has been all about helping to launch a new project called "Tracking Global Culture". Finding a meaningful way to apply my knowledge of technology has always been a priority and through this collaboration I'm hoping to provide guidance on how technology can help solve some rather unstructured problems such as tracking snippets of culture as they move across the blogosphere. Already, I have a list of ideas that will help them accomplish their objective.The beginning was quite simple:
- Choosing a blog platform. Since I was familiar with WordPress, when I discovered their own hosted version available for free this was a no-brainer
- Creating a subscription on PubSub to keep track of the use of "global culture" across the blogosphere
- Creating links to the Technorati search engine to keep an eye on what bloggers are saying about the topic
- Setting up a Trend Analysis at BlogPulse

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home